Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Freewrite

Hello month of December!

It's been a while, hasn't it? You have no absolutely no idea what has happened since November...and November was only just last month! 

I sit here, right now, in an office. Yes. AN OFFICE. Because one day, sometime in the past 2 weeks, I woke, put on my clothes, headed for work and subsequently a beeline to the bosses and said to them, goodbye. 

Pretty much yanked the plug on that one. I still question myself if it was too quick of a decision. But then again, it just, simply, had to be done. Complacency is a very, very bad thing. And as stupid as it sounds, I'm running out of time to make something of myself. 

Dreams, ambitions, goals and the sheer wanting of....something. Meh.

So, goodbye radio. Goodbye VT room which I've grown to love. Goodbye odd working hours, goodbye empty afternoons, goodbye tofu at the cafeteria, goodbye perez hilton, goodbye no make-up face, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

And hello adulthood?

They say the year you're 25 (next year for me, holy shit) is a crucial year wherein you will, er, change (for lack of a better word). I guess that's true to a point - you'll realize who you are, your priorities determined, and you'll generally see a much, much bigger picture of things. I mean, why not? 25 years is a quarter of a century. Ample time to grasp ample understanding of the world and its oddities. Hopefully it applies for me. 

One thing I've learned though - expectations yield much heartache. Don't mean to sound so negative here, but that's how it is. So take things easy, not everything will hit the exact mark you desire. 

The difference between "I don't know" and "I Don't Care". Ignorance vs Apathy.

But oh well I wouldn't know for sure until I've experienced 25, hey? Then again, here I am, already going through one heck of a month - it's like one big sandwich of bacon-awesomeness, lettuce-awkwardness, ketchup-sweetness, and grain-randomness. 

Doesn't sound like a good sandwich? Well, I'm gonna have an amazing sandwich for lunch today to make up for shitty writing. 


You should too.